HTA in japan
Health Technology Assessment (HTA), i.e. Cost-Effectiveness Analysis (CEA), was introduced in Japan in 2016 for a dozen products (drugs and devices) as a trial for re-pricing at 2018. There were several remaining issues identified, e.g. 1. Application of HTA result, 2. Target product, 3. HTA process, 4. Appraisal, 5. Application for pricing, 6. Organizational set up. HTA will be a standard requirement at pricing and re-pricing drugs and medical devices (selection criteria is under discussion).
A quick draft of CEA would be always helpful to understand what to be done when HTA is requested to your product, and for go/no-go decision.
Healthcare to All (Japan) officially tie up with Vista Health (Singapore) to conduct HEOR projects in Japan providing local support in international standard.
We promise that you will be confident to present our deliverables to key stakeholders, such as MHLW and for international journal publication. Our structured approach follows the standard principles: 1) right method, 2) quick delivery, 3) reasonable price and 4) realistic suggestions.
Step 1: A draft of CEA model together with a list of required data and suggestions for data sources and next steps.
Duration: approximately two months
1. Two to three one-hour meetings with internal and external stakeholders to collect information about the product, the setting of care and the company strategy
2. CEA draft model development (Excel)
3. Input from UK advisors, and finalising the draft
4. Outcome and suggestions to be presented at your company
5. Deliverables: Model drafted in Excel, and 20 slides for internal presentation
*NB: This project does not include:
1. Model double check and finalisation
2. Word summary
Step 2: Primary HEOR Projects
Duration: depends on the project and its scope
Systematic Literature Review,
Manuscript development etc.
Any and all the information and data provided will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed, or loaned.